1)4 consecutive ODI series wins against New Zealand, West Indies, Ireland and Zimbabwe.
2)4 consecutive ODI series played out by the score line of 3-2 against England, South Africa, New Zealand and West Indies.
3)Only 1 loss in 6 test series which came during the controversial tour of England in August 2010 where as many as 3 players were banned for 5 years minimum after being found guilty to a spot fixing sting by the NOTW.
4)2 Twenty20 series whitewashes against Australia on 5th and 6th July at Edgbaston 2010 and against Zimbabwe on 16th and 18th of September in Harare 2011 .
5) Reaching the semi finals of the 2010 ICC World T20 and 2011 50 over World Cup.
6) 2 huge test series wins outside sub continental territory in 2011 during brief series.
7) Drawing a 2 match test series against South Africa and West Indies.
8) During his tenure he had 3 captains: Shahid Afridi (who walked out of test cricket admitting he was not good enough to handle the challenges the format presented and had a major selection dispute with Waqar during the 4th and 5th one day international against the West Indies in May over which youngsters should be picked. Shahid walked out of meetings.), Salman Butt who after captaining in 5 tests with 2 historical victories was suspended by the international cricket council and Misbah who has been the most stable and successful of the lot.
9) There was a time when Pakistan had lost 6 consecutive Twenty20s in between 5th September 2010 and 28th December 2010 against England, South Africa and New Zealand combined.
10) The team ended in 3rd out of 4 positions in the 10th Asia Cup following defeats against Sri Lanka and India in June 2010 which was his first ODI assignment as full time coach. The tournament also saw the return of Shoaib Akhtar for the final segment of his career.
11) Overall: 18 series, 8 wins, drawn 3, lost 7.
12) Captain records under his tenure.
Afridi: 49 matches, 22 wins, 26 losses, 1 rained off
Butt: 5 matches, 2 wins, 3 losses
Misbah: 14 matches, 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss