1) Pakistan have played Bangladesh 5 times in Twenty20 internationals, winning all five
2) MOMs in the 5 matches:
2007=Shahid Afridi (WT20)
2008=Misbah ul Haq
2010=Salman Butt (WT20)
3) Bangladesh’s star player Shakib Al Hasan was the player of the tournament in both the
inaugural Bangladesh Premier League and Asia Cup 2012.
4) Bangladesh have only reached the super eights once previously at the World Twenty20, during the inaugural edition in 2007
5) Pakistan have met Bangladesh twice before in WT20s.
6) It is the 2nd time in 2 WT20s that the sides will be meeting in the initial pool prior to the super eights.
7) Pakistan’s highest first wicket stand in this format came against Bangladesh during the previous WT20 clash between these two sides at St Kitts in May 2010 during their opener of the tournament. It featured Salman Butt and Kamran Akmal.
8) Bangladesh has only beaten Pakistan once, during the 1999 World Cup at Northampton in any international.
9) Former Pakistan off spinner Saqlain Mushtaq is currently serving as Bangladesh’s spin coach for a 4 month stint.
10) Both sides have had a change of coach since they last met in this format in late November with Stuart Law and Mohsin Khan no longer in charge.